37 Teacher Favorite iPad Apps
The following is a guest post from Steve Katz, who currently teaches social studies and is the middle school technology integration specialist at Korea International School in Seoul, Korea.
37 Teacher Favorite iPad Apps
I collected a list of favorite iPad apps that were shared by attendees at the 5th @pple Meetup on Friday, September 23 at Apple Korea Headquarters. If you are a progressive educator who is integrating technology in your classroom in Korea & would like to be invited to future Meetups, please leave a comment on the @pple Meetup blog and we’ll put you on the list.
Apps shared (In no particular order):
1. Flipboard – A fast, beautiful way to flip through the news, photos, videos, and social networking updates.
2. Zite – Personalized news, articles, blogs, videos and other content from both mainstream and niche publications & sites.
3. SoundCloud -Capture sound & share it online.
4. BrainStorm – Multi-device brainstorming.
5. ProHDR – Fully functional photo editing.
6. CamScanner – Scan using your camera.
7. Diigo Browser – Browser that is very similar to Chrome.
8. PowerSchool – App to access PowerSchool.
9. The Tale of Peter Rabbit – Interactive Peter Rabbit book.
10. BrainPop – Learn something different each day.
11. Comic Life – iPad version of the popular Apple app.
12. Poplet – Capture ideas & collaborate with others.
13. ScreenChomp – Use this like an interactive whiteboard.
14. GPS Log – Document your adventures & share them online.
15. Google Translate – Translating tool.
16. Word Lens – Translate printed words using your camera.
17. Texit – Easy way to create mathematical equations.
18. Formulus HD – Find the formula you are looking for.
19. Math Ref – Math reference application. Formulas, tips, & examples.
20. EduTecher – Powerful app for free ed tech resources.
21. Jibbigo – Korean speech translator. They have other languages also.
22. My LessonPlan – Lesson plan creator.
23. Audiogalaxy – Stream your music or playlists.
24. RedLaser – Barcode & QR code scanner.
25. i Like Free – Lets you know which apps are free for a limited time.
26. Soundrop – Draw lines & watch as they begin to create music. Very
27. Edmodo – Stay connected to Edmodo.
28. Epic Citadel – Want to see how incredible iPad graphics can be?
29. Moms with Apps – Recommendations of children/family friendly apps.
30. Seoul Bus – Seoul bus information, including closest stop & how
many minutes until your bus arrives.
31. GoodReader – Robust pdf reader.
32. AudioNote – Combination notepad & audio notetaker.
33. Idoms – Idioms for English learners.
34. FlickStackr – Flickr photo sharing.
35. Prezi Viewer – View Prezis on the iPad.
36. SnapSeed – Add high quality effecs to your photos.
37. iMapMyRide (iPhone) – Map your bike ride & share rides with others.
Prices not listed. Almost all of the apps are free.
About the Author
Steve Katz currently teaches social studies and is the middle school technology integration specialist at Korea International School in Seoul, Korea. You can connect with Steve via Twitter @stevekatz or by visiting his blog, Teach with Video.
P.S. Want to have your blog post featured by SimpleK12 like Steve's? Click here to find out how you can be a SimpleK12 Guest Blogger too.
Get your FREE iPad Apps eBook here - Just enter your email address!